Types of Retainers
However, the type of orthodontic retainer and how long you need to wear them will be according to your specific need and situation.
What Are The Different Types Of Orthodontic Retainers?
Retainers are available in different kinds from removable to fixed, but there are three basic types of retainers available today each of which works best in a particular situation.
Essix Clear Aligner Retainer
Fixed or Bonded Retainer
How To Maintain And Retain Your RETAINER
- You are required to wear retainers all the time including during sleep unless you are instructed otherwise.
- Do not wear your retainers during eating but wear them as soon as you finish eating.
- Carefully and gently brush your retainer with a toothbrush, toothpaste and running water. You may also keep them soaked each day for a few minutes in a mixture of Listerine and water.
- Always keep your retainers in its case when not in use.
- Do not expose your retainer to excess heat by washing it in very hot water or leaving it on a heater: That can cause the retainer to warp and make it unusable.
- Avoid flipping or playing with the retainer with your tongue.
By taking proper care of your retainers and a conscientious use, retainers can quickly help you transition from braces to a permanent beautiful and healthy smile.
Getting Ready To Wear Retainers
Call us now or send an email to discuss your orthodontic requirements.