October is the month of spreading awareness and smiles. To start with, we learn about breast cancer awareness, to take care of our teeth, and – trick or treat?
It is always nice to see people smiling in pictures, it reminds us of times we were happy in a moment.
Smiles are seen as a gesture of gratefulness, encouragement, recognition, or approval. We smile when we see look at someone who just smiled at us as a sign that we are grateful. We smile at people we know as we pass them by. We smile at children when we allow them to do something they are up to.
Put simply, a smile is a beautiful gesture that spreads positivity.
Protect and Promote Smiles
October is also recognized as National Orthodontic Health Month. It is the motto of Orthodontists to Protect and Promote Smiles.
Orthodontists work very hard through their medical schools, and then perform their professional duties with determination. They try their level best to give the best treatment and advice to their patients but maintaining the efforts put in by their orthodontists.
First, we will learn a little more about orthodontists and then we will learn a few tips on how to maintain a healthy dental hygiene routine.
Ever wondered about the difference between orthodontists and dentists?
To explain it in simpler words, orthodontics is an upgrade of dentistry.
All orthodontists are dentists, but not all dentists are orthodontists.
Orthodontists specialize through full-time training of 3 years after their fundamental dentistry degree.
How can orthodontists help you?
Does it annoy you that you bite your cheek while chewing? Do you think your teeth could have better alignment? Are your jaws or your teeth overlapping each other?
This is exactly when you especially need to consult an orthodontist.
Orthodontists are specialized in correcting bites, occlusion, and the straightness of teeth.
Importance of Orthodontics
Orthodontics is important to maximize overall oral health. They correct the misalignment of teeth which leads to a restored jaw placement. They straighten teeth, which enhances the appearance. They introduce braces that fix most of the problems that are faced, and it improves the health and confidence of the patients.
And if these treatments are ignored, it can lead to different issues like gum diseases, tooth decay, etc.
Healthy Oral Hygiene Habits
You may be going to a dentist but still, you will realize that you do have to put in efforts yourself as well.
Here we will discuss a few good tips that will keep us healthy.
- You should brush your teeth twice a day at a minimum.
- The average time you take should be of 2 minutes.
- The brush you use should be replaced after every 3 months of use.
- The texture of the brush should not be too hard for your gums.
- The brush should be at an angle of 45 degrees when you are brushing the molars and premolars.
- You should floss once a day.
- It is preferable that you floss your teeth at night after brushing them.
- Flossing is important because it reaches and removes unnecessary particles where the toothbrush could not reach.
- You should rinse your mouth with mouthwash at least once a day.
- The use of mouthwash helps to wash off and ease all the accumulation on the teeth.
Here are a few tips for awareness and good health care. The Orthodontisc Experts believe in spreading confidence, health, and reason to smile.